Queen Mary, University of London provides course to make sure Equality and Diversity is embedded in our policies and practices.
Please find below information about training available.
Equality Impact Assessment - learning forum:
Please contact Bertille if you have a need.
Equality and Diversity Online course:
All members of staff can access the Equality and Diversity Online course.
The course is split into two modules to fit the needs of everyone.
There is a general module, which is aimed at everyone and provides understanding and knowledge about equality and raising awareness of diversity issues. This course should be completed by everyone as a foundation. It covers different aspects of equal opportunities, the main points of the legislation that you should be aware of, some practical examples on how to manage complex situations in the workplace, and best practice. It also answers some of the most common questions you might have regarding equality and diversity. There is a quiz at the end to test your knowledge.
The second module is aimed at Managers and/or people who want to gain advanced knowledge about equality and diversity. It covers team building issues and provides some practical examples and case studies. The emphasis is on the responsibilities of managers towards staff they manage.
The aims of the course are to:
- promote good relations and understanding between staff and students of different identities and from different backgrounds;
- ensure staff are aware of relevant legislation;
- ensure staff are aware of their rights and responsibilities;
- provide staff with concrete examples and practical solutions they can use in their day to day work; and
- promote good equalities practice.
If you would like to get enrol contact Bertille Calinaud
Fair Selection and Interview Skills - Certification to recruit
It is QMUL policy that all those participating in recruitment panels have demonstrated the appropriate knowledge and skills. There are different options available depending on your situation:
If you are not sure what is right for you, please have a look on the flow chart below:
- 1 day course for staff
Please book using the Learning Institute website, the course code is HR001
- 1 hour 30 min refresher course
These courses are organised every month.
Please book using the Learning Institute website, the course code is HR003
- Fair Selection and Interview skills test (PLEASE NOTE: the test is ONLY for new staff member who have been trained in a different organisation and want to certify acquire prior learning
- please see the flow chart for more information)
To take the fair selection and recruitment test please click contact Bertille Calinaud
If you have any queries about the process please contact Bertille Calinaud on ext 5585