Human Resources

Procedures menu

One-off Payments

Administering One-Off Payments

One-off payments should only be made to individuals in genuine one-off circumstances and should not be made to existing QMUL staff. 

Normally, individuals carrying out short-term work for QMUL are paid through payroll and are on an appropriate contract. However, it may sometimes be appropriate to make a payment to someone for a one-off piece of work or to contract with them to supply services on a self-employed basis. 

Please see our Employed vs Self-Employed page for information on determining the correct employment status.

Should an individual have a genuine self-employed status then payment for their services should be arranged via the Finance Department.

One-Off Payments Administered by the HR Department

Standard One-Off Payments Guidance

Standard One-Off Payments Claim Form

One-Off Payments for External Examiners (Taught Programmes) Guidance

One-Off Payments for External Examiners (Taught Programmes) Claim Form

Student Ambassador Claim Form

Student Demonstrator Claim Form

All payments are subject to UK HMRC regulations and to Pension Auto Enrolment regulations - deductions will be made in relation to this if applicable.

Bookmark and Share
Return to top